815 W Benton StWapakoneta, OH 45895
WOW! This beautiful turn-key home is filled with contemporary charm and space. Conveniently located on the west side of town, this two-story home has four bedrooms, two and a half baths, formal dining room, living room, family room, and eat-in kitchen. Enjoy tile counter tops and flooring int he updated kitchen, along with french doors, original hardwood floors and a gas fireplace tucked throughout. Outside you'll find a fenced-in yard, 12x12 storage shed, flagstone patio, coy pond and still plenty of yard space! The home sits on two parcels, two car attached garage and partial basement.
The name Wapakoneta means “Place of White Bones”. The land was first settled by the Miami Indian Tribe which moved to Indiana in 1782. The Shawnee Tribe then moved to the area and under the leadership of Chief Blue Jacket and Chief Black Hoof, built a Council House in Wapakoneta. In 1832 this Tribe migrated to Missouri. Wapakoneta was on route from Detroit to Cincinnati and had a large Quaker mission that was established in 1809. Fort Amanda was constructed in 1812 to protect the northwest from the British. In 1815, Peter Hammel moved from Canada to Wapakoneta and built a store for settlers. A trading house, mill and blacksmith shop followed. Platting of the village began in 1833 and the town was chartered in 1849. The area grew with the help of the railroad as an agricultural service center. Factories were established that produced bricks, brooms, wagon wheels, carriages, cheese, soda pop, automotive parts and other goods for shipment throughout the world. The community is proud to have astronaut Neil Armstrong as a native son. The town has a population of 9,900 residents.
815 W Benton St
Wapakoneta, OH 45895