Well established Kennel and Grooming business in Wapakoneta. This sale will include approximately 2 acres, 30x48 building, well, septic and the business. Included with the building is a reception area, grooming room, 11 inside dog runs that are 3 1/2 feet x 6 feet, 1 inside run 8’x8’, 12 covered outside runs 4’x21’ and 23 large kennels. Current customer count is 470 current grooming customers and 494 current boarding customers. Call today to set up your showing.
The name Wapakoneta means “Place of White Bones”. The land was first settled by the Miami Indian Tribe which moved to Indiana in 1782. The Shawnee Tribe then moved to the area and under the leadership of Chief Blue Jacket and Chief Black Hoof, built a Council House in Wapakoneta. In 1832 this Tribe migrated to Missouri. Wapakoneta was on route from Detroit to Cincinnati and had a large Quaker mission that was established in 1809. Fort Amanda was constructed in 1812 to protect the northwest from the British. In 1815, Peter Hammel moved from Canada to Wapakoneta and built a store for settlers. A trading house, mill and blacksmith shop followed. Platting of the village began in 1833 and the town was chartered in 1849. The area grew with the help of the railroad as an agricultural service center. Factories were established that produced bricks, brooms, wagon wheels, carriages, cheese, soda pop, automotive parts and other goods for shipment throughout the world. The community is proud to have astronaut Neil Armstrong as a native son. The town has a population of 9,900 residents.
10948 Monroe Rd
Wapakoneta, OH 45895