519 S Wagner AveWapakoneta, OH 45895
Welcome to 519 Wagner! Spacious 4 bedroom home close to Veterans Park. Updates: Central for main floor 2020, AC 2nd floor 2015, Roof and siding 2014, Main circuit board on furnace 2017, dug a new cleanout and garage door 2016, freshly painted some rooms. There is an office or 5th bedroom on the main floor 15x11, possible bedroom in the basement. Lots of built ins, wood ceilings, and some Hardwood floors.
The name Wapakoneta means “Place of White Bones”. The land was first settled by the Miami Indian Tribe which moved to Indiana in 1782. The Shawnee Tribe then moved to the area and under the leadership of Chief Blue Jacket and Chief Black Hoof, built a Council House in Wapakoneta. In 1832 this Tribe migrated to Missouri. Wapakoneta was on route from Detroit to Cincinnati and had a large Quaker mission that was established in 1809. Fort Amanda was constructed in 1812 to protect the northwest from the British. In 1815, Peter Hammel moved from Canada to Wapakoneta and built a store for settlers. A trading house, mill and blacksmith shop followed. Platting of the village began in 1833 and the town was chartered in 1849. The area grew with the help of the railroad as an agricultural service center. Factories were established that produced bricks, brooms, wagon wheels, carriages, cheese, soda pop, automotive parts and other goods for shipment throughout the world. The community is proud to have astronaut Neil Armstrong as a native son. The town has a population of 9,900 residents.
519 S Wagner Ave
Wapakoneta, OH 45895