407 E Pearl StWapakoneta, OH 45895
Located a short distance from shopping, restaurants, and the interstate resides a 2 story home with 'old-home charm'. Entering the home you will find hardwood flooring that flows through the entry, dining, living room, and first floor bedroom that adjoins a full bathroom. The second bathroom is located on the second floor and services the three bedrooms upstairs. The second story also features an amazing storage closet via the wall attic. A nice sized kitchen with oak cabinets, rolling island, and appliances provides access to the outside sitting areas. A large deck behind the home allows for a quaint covered porch, spot for the grill, and open sitting area. One car detached garage is oversized and comes complete with a workshop area.
The name Wapakoneta means “Place of White Bones”. The land was first settled by the Miami Indian Tribe which moved to Indiana in 1782. The Shawnee Tribe then moved to the area and under the leadership of Chief Blue Jacket and Chief Black Hoof, built a Council House in Wapakoneta. In 1832 this Tribe migrated to Missouri. Wapakoneta was on route from Detroit to Cincinnati and had a large Quaker mission that was established in 1809. Fort Amanda was constructed in 1812 to protect the northwest from the British. In 1815, Peter Hammel moved from Canada to Wapakoneta and built a store for settlers. A trading house, mill and blacksmith shop followed. Platting of the village began in 1833 and the town was chartered in 1849. The area grew with the help of the railroad as an agricultural service center. Factories were established that produced bricks, brooms, wagon wheels, carriages, cheese, soda pop, automotive parts and other goods for shipment throughout the world. The community is proud to have astronaut Neil Armstrong as a native son. The town has a population of 9,900 residents.
407 E Pearl St
Wapakoneta, OH 45895