531 W Greene StPiqua, OH 45356
Why pay rent! Easy living in this Very nice well maintained 3 bedroom home with many upgrades. Large main 17x16 bedroom. Hot water heater, gas forced air furnace, central air and electrical panel box all replaced 5 years ago. 2017 New Vinyl siding wrapped in aluminum, gutters, basement block glass window. Half bath and utility room 1st floor. Pocket doors and Gas fireplace in living room. Wood floors. Roof 15 years newer windows Private court yard with new patio and steps. Lean to shed on side of home. Only new owners needed for this home!
Piqua has a population of 20,000+ residents. Originally it was home to the Adena and Hopewell cultures (1000 BC) who built burial mounds throughout the area. The Fort Ancient people (1600 BC) were also residents who built small, circular villages along the Great Miami River.
The Pickawillany settlement was established by a group of colonial British traders in 1747. This fort was destroyed in 1752. In 1870 another native American settlement began with two Shawnee villages – Upper Piqua (Bi-co-we-that/Pique) and Lower Piqua (Chillicothe) were established.
Around 1793, General Anthony Wayne built Fort Piqua at Upper Piqua. Settlers built their homes in the present site of the city in 1796. The village was originally called Washington, but was later restored to its Indian name of Piqua. The Miami Erie Canal ended at Piqua and brought produce and passengers to the area.
Railroads came in 1858. A large contingent of Germans moved to Piqua from the 1830s to the start of the Civil War. African-American residents established themselves in 1847 when the freed slaves of John Randolph of Virginia came to the area to live. The Underground Railroad went from Cincinnati, Dayton, Troy, Piqua, Sidney and northward.
531 W Greene St
Piqua, OH 45356