8795 Piqua Lockington RdPiqua, OH 45356
Majestic, gated property on a private lake with a gazebo, soaring trees, exquisite views of lake, waterfall, and meticulously groomed courtyard. Entertainers dream with an additional 3802 sq. ft. walkout lower level, media area, projector, drop down screen, wet bar, wine cooler, bonus room, kitchen, pool table, game area, and full bathroom. Enjoy living in this well maintained, luxurious home with soaring coffered ceilings, gas fireplaces, gorgeous views from every room, 1st floor master suite with fireplace and double walk-in closets. Pamper guests in your custom design chef's kitchen with custom cabinetry, high end appliances, and center work island. Enjoy the ease of mobility throughout the house by using the elevator. Three car attached garage is heated and has convenience of a water softener salt shoot. Additional 3 car Morton building with electric and water, and a basketball court. Security system and property perimeter security lighting is included.
Piqua has a population of 20,000+ residents. Originally it was home to the Adena and Hopewell cultures (1000 BC) who built burial mounds throughout the area. The Fort Ancient people (1600 BC) were also residents who built small, circular villages along the Great Miami River.
The Pickawillany settlement was established by a group of colonial British traders in 1747. This fort was destroyed in 1752. In 1870 another native American settlement began with two Shawnee villages – Upper Piqua (Bi-co-we-that/Pique) and Lower Piqua (Chillicothe) were established.
Around 1793, General Anthony Wayne built Fort Piqua at Upper Piqua. Settlers built their homes in the present site of the city in 1796. The village was originally called Washington, but was later restored to its Indian name of Piqua. The Miami Erie Canal ended at Piqua and brought produce and passengers to the area.
Railroads came in 1858. A large contingent of Germans moved to Piqua from the 1830s to the start of the Civil War. African-American residents established themselves in 1847 when the freed slaves of John Randolph of Virginia came to the area to live. The Underground Railroad went from Cincinnati, Dayton, Troy, Piqua, Sidney and northward.
8795 Piqua Lockington Rd
Piqua, OH 45356