3449 Lyleburn PlaceClifton, OH 45220
- Sale Pending
Located in the beautiful gaslight district in Clifton, this well built & maintained 1890's Victorian 3 story brick home is one of two homes built by Christian Moerlein for his daughters on Lyleburn Place. It is located on a very quiet cul-de-sac with beautiful established garden & views of nature from every window. Walking distance to restaurants, parks, theater, library, grocery & specialty stores in the heart of Clifton. Views from every window make you feel like you are living in the country
Clifton was incorporated as a village in 1850 with the growth of Cincinnati suburbs and was annexed as part of Cincinnati in 1896. In the early 1900s, the University of Cincinnati and Hebrew Union College were established and the area gained great esteem as the intellectual center of Cincinnati. Today, Clifton is an “in-city suburb” and is a distinctive neighborhood with its cultural diversity. It is a great place to call home for those who enjoy daily city life in a suburban setting.
Head to Mecklenburg Gardens to enjoy a German meal and brew. It’s been in business since 1865. Adriatico’s on W. McMillan Street offers a thick-crust Sicilian-style pizza in a casual atmosphere. There are many more local restaurants to enjoy in the Clifton area. Ludlow is the hub or venture along W. McMillan for even more gastronomic options.
Clifton Meadows is a private club with ample facilities for swimming, tennis, baseball, shuffleboard and basketball. The handsome Clifton Recreation Center has a gym and the many separate facilities offer volleyball, handball and crafts to all. Golfers are a 15- minute drive to many private and public courses and tennis fans have easy access to many courts in the vicinity. In addition, University of Cincinnati offers many recreational activities to the whole city, many of which are free of charge.
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center is located on Short Vine (with plans to build in Clifton in the future). The building houses art exhibits as well as classes for art, dance, music, foreign language and theater. A prominent landmark is the Esquire Theater on Ludlow Avenue. It was established in 1911 showing silent films and live acts. This movie house is now known for art films as well as first-run movies. It has been named a Best Movie Theater several times for the Cincinnati area.
For those who enjoy the nightlife, the Brewery District in Over-the-Rhine is a short drive away, or one can stay in Clifton and enjoy music from the Ludlow Garage or head to Uptown Clifton to Bogart’s for a concert. Outdoor concerts are held at the Burnet Woods band stand and the Ludlow Plaza in the summer.
For those who enjoy bicycling, there is a Cincy Red Bikes station on Howell Avenue.
3449 Lyleburn Place
Clifton, OH 45220