The canal and railroad town was incorporated in 1892 as The Mill Creek Township Farm and Spring Grove and later annexed with Cincinnati in 1903. In 2007, the residents voted to change its name from Winton Place to Spring Grove Village in honor of the nationally recognized Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum – the second largest cemetery in the U.S. There are many diverse styles of older homes found in this neighborhood. Some of them were designed by Samuel Hannaford (who designed Cincinnati’s Music Hall, City Hall, the Observatory and Cincinnatian Hotel, to name a few.) Hannford built his personal residence in Spring Grove on Derby Avenue. There are quite a few buildings now on the National Historic Register. The area offers attractive and affordable housing for its residents.