4110 Sherwood AveMadisonville, OH 45227
Three story home with updatged electrical, plumbing; new windows, flooring, paint; updated kitchen and bath; new DW, disposal, range hood
Madisonville was established in 1809 as Madison, Ohio and was named after the newly elected President James Madison.The first permanent settler was Joseph Ward, a 65 year old Revolutionary War veteran from New Jersey. Joseph and his sons built the first house, a log cabin, in 1797 along an old Indian trail near what is now Whetsel and Monning Avenue. By 1926 a post office was established in the village, and the name was changed to Madisonville to avoid duplication with another Madison, Ohio. By 1900, the population was 3,000 and in 1911, Madisonville was annexed by the City of Cincinnati. It currently has almost 10,000 residents.
Plans are in place to establish a walkable, pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use neighborhood business district at Madison Road and Whetsel Avenue. Madisonville’s historic bank building has been restored and now has apartment spaces and a brewery business is planned for the lower level. A mixed-use building is in planning stages for the southern side of Madison and Whetsel. This 24,000 square foot building will feature apartments and commercial space. Upgrades are also in planning stages for the Madisonville Retail Center.
Along Red Bank Road, even more development can been seen at the Medpace campus, The Summit (Dolce) Hotel and Red luxury apartments.
Other Cincinnati area hospitals, such as The Christ Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, University Hospital and the Children’s Hospital Medical Center are located within a 20-minute drive.
The Little Duck Creek Trail and Nature Preserve in Madisonville spans for one mile from Plainville Road to Bramble Avenue. This trail is currently being further developed and expanded. The Madisonville Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation (MCURC), Cincinnati Park Board, as well as community volunteers including Eagle Boy Scouts, local water conservationists and landscape companies are working together to widen and improve the trail along its 35+ available acres. Plans are in place to extend the trail to the Murray Bike Trail.
4110 Sherwood Ave
Madisonville, OH 45227